LFA Behind the Scenes - Meet Yemi
1. What do you put on your toast?
Hmm.. I’m not much of a toast eater. But it would have to be a seeded bread base with avocado, tomatoes, crumbled feta and a pinch of salt. Oh! And don’t forget the poached egg.
2. What’s your feel-good song?
I’m a massive Motown/ Soul/ Funk/ Jazz fan. Anything Stevie Wonder or Whitney Houston will please me. But my all-time favourite would have to be September by Earth, Wind and Fire.
3. Ask your best friend to describe you in 3 words:
- Stylish (Excluding my off days – which are most days, when a baggy tee, some skinnies and converse will do)
4. What are you most proud of?
I suppose I should say graduating from university. But in all honesty, I’m just proud that I’ve made it this far in life. The streets of Surrey can be rough, grannies on mobility scooters can mow you down at any time - Thank God for the neighbourhood watch.
5. You can only watch one film for the rest of your life?
If it didn’t leave me in a pool of my own tears (and trust me I’m not a pretty crier), Graveyard of Fireflies.
6. What’s the best discovery you’ve ever made?
My Kenwood smoothie blender – I'm not much of a smoothie fan, but it is my right-hand man in making some wicked cocktails.
7. Something you want to achieve in the next year?
I have a two-year plan. By late 2018/early 2019, I want to be at Heathrow or Gatwick airport (Stansted or Luton at a push) about to board a plane to start my 2 years+ long travelling and teaching adventure. So, I guess by this time next year, I would like to have saved at least 50% of my travelling budget goal (or have won the lottery).
8. What’s your favourite smell?
Petrol! Lady-like, I know, but there is just something about it.
9. What would you tell your 15-year-old self?
That one day you will learn that you will learn to love to be alone and independent. It’s how you learn the most about your true self. Always having the approval of others isn’t necessary, catty cliques are cliché. Being true to yourself is the only way that you will prosper.
10. What are you having for dinner tonight?
I don’t even know what I am going to have for lunch. All I can say is that a strawberry daiquiri is most likely on the cards!
Follow me on: @yemicleoamelia