Julia Rebaudo is the brainforce behind Stylonylon, an online hub of outfit posts, travel reviews, where to eat and shop guides. Freelance journalist turned blogger, Julia has written for ELLE, Time Out, Sunday Times Style and The Guardian, to name a few. We caught up with her for a 5 minute chat.
1. I can’t start the day without…
A cup of coffee! Just the one – a one-shot latte which I make at home – but it’s what kickstarts me into action. So reliant, I even started a coffee hashtag #todaymycoffee hah!
2. Deadlines are fast approaching – which album gets you to the finish line?
Actually I only work to music when I’m photo editing. For writing I need to keep things quiet around me. But when I do switch on the tunes, I’m such an old skool baby – Aha, Laura Branigan, Thompson Twins, Kate Bush, 10cc - have a listen to my Spotify playlist for a taster!
3. OK real talk - Rank the ‘Friends’ characters from your favourite to least favourite:
Ok, Joey first for cuteness, Phoebe for boho craziness, Rachel for her amazing hair, Monica for her OCD, Chandler & Ross a last place tie.
4. What’s one tip you’d give a brand that wants to work with you?
Most importantly, I love hearing from people who have taken the time to get a feel for what I do and come to me because they believe we’d be a really good fit for each other.
5. What’s your favourite independent brand and why?
6. What’s the best thing about your job?
I’m the boss! I set my own agenda, content and deadlines.
7. And the worst?
Um, I never seem to allocate myself any downtime. Need to work on that!
8. And lastly, what are you having for dinner tonight?
Hmm, I’ve got a pretty good four cheese lasagne on the go at the moment, which the whole household approves of!